Gabrielle Bisset

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Author Lucy Felthouse Guest Post

I want to give a big welcome to author Lucy Felthouse who's here today to talk about her new story, Cupid.



Paranormal... But Not by Lucy Felthouse
I'm not sure how I did it, but I've managed to release an erotic romance book that's a paranormal, but not. See, several months back myself and the other Wickedly Sexy Writers embarked on a group project – the Reindeer Games. Basically, we all took one or more of Santa's reindeer and made them into shifters, then wrote an erotic romance about them. The project has been very well received and is getting lots of interest, yay!
But one thing that occurred to me when I was putting the book up on my website was that I'd called it a paranormal erotic romance. The thing is, that's not strictly true. It's paranormal... but not. I say this because although the main character in my story, Cupid, is indeed a reindeer shifter, he doesn't actually shift during the story. He doesn't do anything supernatural at all, really. Well, there is one thing, but I'm not going to tell you what that is because it'll ruin the story.
So what I have is a paranormal character with lots of mention of supernatural activity, and a healthy dollop of Santa, but no shifting during the story. I don't think it really matters, to be honest, because that's not really what the book is about, and I don't think it would have added anything to the storyline if he had shifted... but still. I have myself a kind of paranormal erotic romance book!
Regardless of the genre, I really hope readers will enjoy the story, and of course go and check out the books about the other reindeer penned by my fellow Wickedly Sexy Writers. It's been a blast!
*****
As a postman by day, and one of Santa’s reindeer on a single very special night, Cassius Cupid eats, sleeps, and breathes deliveries. He doesn’t mind, but sometimes wishes that someone would send him something more exciting than bills and junk mail.
One cold January morning, Cassius gets his wish. A young woman arrives with a parcel. Turns out it’s for his housemate – but Cassius doesn’t care. All he’s interested in is Carina – the beautiful female courier.
Has Cupid finally met his match?
More info, excerpt and buy links: http://lucyfelthouse.co.uk/published-works/cupid/
Add the book to your Goodreads shelves here: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/16161416-reindeer-games
*****
Lucy is a graduate of the University of Derby, where she studied Creative Writing. During her first year, she was dared to write an erotic story - so she did. It went down a storm and she's never looked back. Lucy has had stories published by Cleis Press, Constable and Robinson, Decadent Publishing, Ellora's Cave, Evernight Publishing, House of Erotica, Ravenous Romance, Resplendence Publishing, Secret Cravings Publishing, Sweetmeats Press and Xcite Books. She is also the editor of Uniform Behaviour, Seducing the Myth, Smut by the Sea and Smut in the City. Find out more at http://www.lucyfelthouse.co.uk. Join her on Facebook and Twitter, and subscribe to her newsletter at: http://eepurl.com/gMQb9



2 comments:

Unknown said...

enjoyed the post, sounds different a reindeer shifter dont think ive ever read 1. all the best

Unknown said...

Oh boy that sounds sexy!!! I think I am going to have to add it to my holiday reading list!!