Gabrielle Bisset

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Another #WIP Wednesday

Welcome to the first #WIP Wednesday of June!  I'm still recuperating from a marathon writing session in Blood Spirit over the weekend.  Almost 10K in two days and my fingers still hurt.  I know many people who write on computers would find that number almost paltry, but since I hand write my books first, that's a haul for me. 

I'm about two-thirds of the way finished with Blood Spirit, so it's looking very good for an early fall release (September) instead of the November release I was originally planning.  Terek has been very kind to me these past weeks, and I even got the blurb finished.  Take a look:

I am everything you seek. I am vampire.

Blessed with the gift of telepathy, Terek always knows what a woman wants. His gift has afforded him nightly sensual pleasures and exotic treats for centuries, but beneath the surface he yearns for much more.

Ilona can give him what his soul craves, but only if he trusts his heart. One fateful choice made out of desire puts all he cares for in danger. With a civil war and the threat of Archon hunters at every turn, this Son may lose everything if he can't find the balance between heart and mind.


For those of you who read Blood Avenged and Blood Betrayed, you know to expect a different feel to each Son's book. Vasilije was pure hedonism (with a little good guy mixed in). Saint was brooding, dark, and sexy. Blood Spirit has a very different vibe to it because Terek is very different from the first two Sons. He's mystical and sensual, but with a distance, unlike Vasilije. However, Terek and Vasilije are close friends and respect one another. That comes in handy since I give Vasilije and Sasa some difficulties in Blood Spirit.

But Blood Spirit is Terek and Ilona's story, so since my street team leader Nicole was left wanting more after I released the blurb the other night, here's an excerpt from Blood Spirit:

"I'm sorry. I'm not sure I'll ever be the vampire you hope for, but I don't want to die, Terek. I was wrong."

"Do you still feel the hunger or pain?"

Cautiously, she inhaled and then exhaled. "My ribs feel much better. How did you do that?"


Terek smiled, happy to know his blood had begun to heal her. "I'm your sire. My blood is what made you vampire, so my blood can heal you better than any other in the world."

"And the hunger? Is that the same?"


Bringing his wrist to his mouth, he slid his tongue over the holes and closed them. "For now, my blood is what you need to connect you to our world."

"So someday I won't need your blood to do that?"

Terek felt a tiny stab at his heart. "Do you wish to be free of me so quickly?"


Shaking her head, Ilona frowned. "No. I'm sorry. I didn't mean it like that. I was just curious."

"My blood will always be what you crave most, but no, you won't always need it as you do now."

Ilona was silent, but he could tell she had something on her mind. Once again, he attempted to read her thoughts, but heard nothing.

To find out, he'd have to do things the old-fashioned way. He'd have to ask.

"What's wrong, Ilona?"

She slid up and pressed her back against the pillows. He saw by her expression that she was concerned about something but didn't expect the question she next asked.

"Do you love all these women?"

"Yes. In my own way, I love every one of them."

A look of confusion replaced the look of concern. "Do you sleep with all of them?"

"Yes, I have."

Swinging her legs past him, she stood from the bed and looked down at him. "I have no desire to be part of a harem."

"You will if I say you will." Harem? This was his house, not a harem, he thought defensively.

"No, I won't. I don't know what the rules of being a vampire are, but unless all sires are like you, I'm guessing I don't have to be one of your concubines."

Terek stared at her in amazement. "Concubines?"

"I'm thinking you've never met a woman like me, but that doesn't matter. I don't know how long you've been a vampire, but this isn't the Stone Ages."

Any romantic notions he'd had just minutes earlier were dashed by her staring down at him with her hands on her hips and her impudent mouth firmly set. Oh, he'd met someone like her before, long ago.

Terek stood and looked down into her stubborn eyes. God, she so reminded him of that one soul in the world who'd possessed him heart, mind, and body all those centuries ago. "I see you have a typical Spanish temper. Well, don't worry. I'm patient."

As she walked off in a huff, he smiled. Yes, he'd known another Spanish beauty like her. If he didn't watch out, he'd end up just as he had with that one.


© 2012 Gabrielle Bisset









3 comments:

Unknown said...

Bravo, Gabrielle! I laughed and swooned with that excerpt! Something about a determined man that really turns me on! ;) The Blurb...wow! You really out did yourself!Just...wow! Great job!

Anonymous said...

OMG, Gabrielle that excerpt was great! I am loving Ilona. Very stubborn, just like me. Maybe it is a Spanish thing. But I'm also Italian, so I guess I'm double stubborn. Love it! Can't wait for Blood Spirit to come out. Keep up the good writing!

Anonymous said...

OMG, Gabrielle that excerpt was great! I am loving Ilona. Very stubborn, just like me. Maybe it is a Spanish thing. But I'm also Italian, so I guess I'm double stubborn. Love it! Can't wait for Blood Spirit to come out. Keep up the good writing!