Gabrielle Bisset

Sunday, September 11, 2011

9-11

I've been watching the news for the past hour, mostly crying at the speeches the victims' families have been giving and remembering that day ten years ago.  I can still remember sitting in my living room in my old house watching the news that morning.  I saw the second plane fly into Tower 2, and I can still remember the stunned feeling I had thinking about all the people in those buildings. 

I remember the incredible silence from no airplanes flying overhead for days after 9-11.  It's strange, but that still sticks in my mind. 

Ten years have passed since that horrible day.  My son, who was just a five year old little boy, is now a fifteen year old sophomore in high school.  I think about all the children who look back on that day as the day they lost a parent.  Ten years have passed and the shock has worn off for me.  Now all that's left is sadness. 

0 comments: