Gabrielle Bisset

Monday, April 11, 2011

Guest Post-Author Lindsay Below

I want to welcome author Lindsay Below to my blog today.  Lindsay is celebrating the release of Cinnamon and Spice, so I'm thrilled to have her here today. 

The Sweet Rush of a New Release
By L. K. Below

For those who don’t know me, my name is Lindsay. I write romance and speculative fiction under the name L. K. Below, and I write for younger readers under my full name, Lindsay Below. A year ago, I was unpublished, and I had little expectations of being in a position to talk to you like this.

While one short story, His Familiar Touch came out in the Paramourtal anthology last September, I don’t consider my career fully launching until this past January. That was when all my hard work of the past finally started to bear fruit.

2011 has been a busy year for me so far. I’ve had new releases in January, February, March, and now April. (I’m gifted with a bit of a break until July, thankfully). But with every new release coming out, there is a rush to be felt. Forgive me for waxing poetic, but after toiling so long and hard on the same set of words, there’s something beautiful in seeing them in print. Or, in my case, in e-print.

The rush doesn’t stop with the first book out. That first is like a mile stone, but each one afterwards is special. Each one you’re sure is even better than the last, will garner great reviews (or at the very least, not horrible reviews), will be loved by all who read it and will earn you even more praise to your name. In each of my romances, I’ve fallen a little bit in love with the hero each time. It’s gratifying to know that someone, somewhere else will shortly do the same.

And the hero for my newest release, Cinnamon and Spice, is very dear to me. He’s a bit of an underdog. Just nerdy enough for Melissa to dismiss him offhand as not being her type, he has to work twice as hard to get her to agree to only one date. And during that date? Well, it had better be spectacular, if he has any hope of snagging her heart.

Fortunately for Jack, I’m on his side. :)

If you’d like to learn more about Cinnamon and Spice, please visit: www.breathlesspress.com/erotic/cinnamon-and-spice.html. You can find me online at www.lbelow.net or http://lbelow.blogspot.com. Thank you to Gabrielle for hosting me. It’s been a pleasure!


Cinnamon and Spice

Jack is smart. Jack is charming. Jack is persistent.

But Melissa is dead certain that he isn't the guy for her. In a moment of weakness caused by his shiver-inducing voice, Melissa finally agrees to one date. She shows up on his doorstep determined to get it over and done with, but Jack has something different planned. With a home-cooked meal, wine, and cinnamon-scented candles, can he break down Melissa's resolve?

Can he steal her heart?


7 comments:

L. K. Below/Lindsay Below said...

Thanks for having me, Gabrielle! Love the new look :)

Unknown said...

You're welcome! I look forward to guesting at yours later this spring when Stolen Destiny is released.

Nadja Notariani said...

L.K. ~ Love the "nerdy guy with skills" idea.....lol. I may just have to read your newest book! ~Nadja

Jeannie said...

L.K. Below,
Your book sounds awesome. You have quite a bit of suspense in that little blurb. :) The cover is hot... need I say more?

This interview is interesting and conveys your excitement. Yep, getting published is a thrill isn't it. I am happy for you. Stay up in those clouds.

Cheryl Hart said...

L.K.
I'm living through you right now. LOL I'm so happy for you and the new release of your book Cinnamon and Spice. I wish you fabulous success. :)

Gabrielle
What a gorgeous blog. Love the template. I might have to pay Emily a visit as well. ;)

L. K. Below/Lindsay Below said...

Nadja - Well if you do take a peek at the book, I hope you enjoy it!

JM - Thank you for saying so. I hope never to lose my enthusiasm. It's what carries me through the low points in this industry.

CE - Well I hope you're having as big a rush as I am then! Your day will come and then I'll live through you ;)


Thanks for stopping by, everyone :)

Anonymous said...

Lindsay, I didn't realize this was your first year as a published author. How exciting! I know how you feel, since my first story will be published this May. I hope you never lose this excited/anxious feeling, especially waiting to see the book cover for the first time. It's great! Congratulations.