Gabrielle Bisset

Sunday, February 6, 2011

The Irresistibly Sweet Blog Award

My friend Selena, whose blog is The Enchanted Book, has awarded me The Irresistibly Sweet Blog Award.  She's one of my closest friends and one of the people I rely on to read my work, in addition to being one of the best editors--seriously the girl can find a grammar or plot structure problem from a mile away!  Thank you, Selena, for this award.

For this award, I'm supposed to divulge four guilty pleasures and pass the award on, but since I'm new on the blog scene, I'll hold the award passing on until the future.  For now, here are my guilty pleasures.

1.  I love 70s music.  No kidding.  Disco, 70s hard rock, singer/songwriter stuff....I love it all. 

2.  I love reading the classics.  For someone who writes romance, the classics may seem like a departure.  But the classics are good stuff--that's why they're the classics!  I find Mark Twain's essays, particularly the ones on the German language and James Fenimore Cooper, to be hysterical.

3.  It's embarrassing how much junk food I eat.  Because of my schedule, I often don't have time to eat a real meal between having to be in one place and then the other.  I'm certain it's corroding my arteries as we speak.   

4.  I love good comedy.  I watched an episode of The Ricky Gervais Show last night that had me in tears and doubled over it was so funny.  I love anything that makes me laugh that hard.

0 comments: